Allyship in Action is a collaborative of Central Oregon consultants committed to engaging individuals, organizations, and communities to advance equity and social justice through customized assessment, education, and long-range planning and support.
Because our collaborators are rooted in Central Oregon, they bring an intimate understanding of local needs and resources as well as the unique dynamics of rural Oregon. Our team includes people of diverse identities and lived experiences, enabling Allyship in Action to bring anti-racist and intersectional perspectives to issues of equity and social justice.
Allyship in Action emerged out of the recognition that Central Oregon businesses, nonprofits, schools, and communities are ready to engage in meaningful equity work, but are often unaware of the rich resources available locally.
To embolden and equip individuals and organizations to advance equity and social justice through active allyship that is rooted in place and centers those most impacted in service of our collective liberation.
- Erin Rook
- Kerani Mitchell
Our Team of Independent Consultants.
- Jaylyn Suppah
- Marcus LeGrand
- Gordon Price
- Ashley Schahfer
- Nancy Stevens
- Jamie Bowman
- Melissa Roma
To contact us or request services, please call us at 541-241-6467 or email info at allyshipinaction dot com.
Allyship in Action has provided consulting and facilitation services to the following organizations:
- Bend 2030
- Bend Chamber of Commerce
- Boys & Girls Club of Bend
- Cascade Youth and Family Services
- Central Oregon Health Council
- Children’s Forest of Central Oregon
- City of Bend
- Crook County Behavioral Health
- Deschutes County District Attorneys’ Office
- Deschutes National Forest
- Deschutes Public Library
- High Desert Museum
- Hydro Flask
- Lora DiCarlo
- Mosaic Medical
- Ochoco National Forest
- Oregon Natural Desert Association
- Redmond Fire Department
- Restorative Justice & Equity
- Seed to Table
- St. Charles Healthcare Systems
- Storydwelling Revillage
- The Environmental Center
- The Haven
- Upper Deschutes Watershed Council
- Visit Central Oregon
This is why we do what we do… straight from our training participants and clients to you:
- “Allyship in Action has been so amazing to work with! We came in with a pretty complex project and felt so supported through every step. I appreciate your willingness to get ‘in the weeds’ with us, especially through the Listening Session planning. It was great to have the combination of project management support, DEI expertise, and facilitation skills. What an amazing asset and resource to have in Central Oregon!”
- “Finally! A framework with smart and caring facilitators to MAKE THIS HAPPEN! [Our organization] will become so much more effective as we work through this lifelong process.”
- “This training seemed to meet me at the right point at where I am at in my journey. All of the content was really helpful for me. I just wish I could sit down with y’all more often!”
- “I hear a lot of things that I know I need to interrupt, but often don’t feel confident/comfortable actually doing so. Getting some tools, and having a chance to practice doing so, was really helpful!”
- “I am so appreciative of this group and the critical voice as Central Oregonians that you are lending and leading in this conversation.”
- “I was nervous, but learned something about myself that I didn’t realize and that I can work on!”